Meet The Partner Marketing Group Team
When you work with The Partner Marketing Group, you will notice an immediate difference in our knowledge and expertise within the technology channel. That’s because we have dedicated our careers to your industry and your markets. Our experienced marketers focus solely on helping software and technology partners, publishers, and vendors with a deep understanding of your business and an unparalleled passion to help you succeed.
How can we help you?
We have designed our marketing solutions and services around the top needs of the technology marketers we serve, with the added flexibility to tailor or create virtually anything for your precise needs.
- Build Your Marketing Foundation. Our Planning & Strategy services give you a foundation to grow on whether you are building your first marketing plan, or need objective guidance to make your existing plan more effective. Work with senior-level marketing consultants and Virtual Marketing Directors (VMDs) who will create a comprehensive, practical plan aligned to your goals.
- Elevate Your Content. You want writers who are story tellers. We know the channel and your markets and, more importantly, how to showcase your value and impact. From creative infographics to interactive eBooks and compelling case studies, get the powerful content you need to engage and convert your prospects.
- Boost Campaign Conversions. Multi-channel campaigns are much easier to manage and execute consistently when you have a well-defined plan, targeted content, all the supporting elements you need, and a team of technology marketing experts backing you up every step of the way.
- Empower Your Channel. We help many software publishers and vendors, including Microsoft, Sage Intacct, and Acumatica, educate and empower channel partners with customized channel marketing solutions.
- Win on Social Media. It’s not easy for technology marketers to be effective on social media without a real strategy behind it. We’ve got the help you need from strategy to content to campaigns to training—all designed to help you convert clicks to leads.
- Expand Your Knowledge. Our team works hard to provide focused educational resources that help technology marketers continuously learn and expand their expertise.
Meet the Leadership Team
Co-Founder, Partner and COO
What do you get when you blend years of technology expertise with a strategic business mind? Meet Michelle Glennie, Co-Founder, Partner and COO of The Partner Marketing Group. Armed with a Diet Coke and a smile, she keeps people and projects running smoothly for clients from start to success. With many years working with leading software and technology vendors, VARs and ISVs, Michelle fully understands what it takes to deliver value to the technology channel.
More About Michelle: Technology Guru, Wrangler of Everything and Craft Connoisseur
Armed with a Diet Coke and a smile, Michelle keeps people and projects running smoothly for clients from start to success. She is a true asset and leader for project teams with her extensive technology background, fierce organizational skills and unmatched ability to keep it real without losing the enthusiasm, energy and creativity to reach for the stars.
Michelle manages daily operations from A to Z for The Partner Marketing Group. It isn’t easy to keep a busy marketing firm in order, but you’d never know it by watching her facilitate everything from human resources and customer service to financials and marketing. Her passion for marketing—combined with her ability to put people first—has been an integral part of the global growth and spirited culture of the company.
Prior to co-founding The Partner Marketing Group, Michelle earned her BBA in Information Systems Management and began her career in technology as an Implementor, later becoming the Operations Manager for Maximum Data Solutions. In 2007, her hard work earned a Microsoft Dynamics Distinction in Marketing award, which was the first time this award was given to an independent software vendor.
“What excites me most about my work is seeing a business be successful. It might be a little cliché, but when you see a company win a new client or watch their profitability grow – I just love that we get to help make that happen. The brain power around here is amazing!”
10 Fun Facts you didn’t know about Michelle…
1. Nickname: Hmmm…I don’t really have one though some call me “Chelle”
2. Quote: “Those who stop advertising to save money are like those who stop a clock to save time.” Henry Ford
3. Vacation: Anywhere these days would be nice!
4. Drink: Diet Coke. Unless it’s happy hour, then give me a cider or Jameson & ginger ale.
5. Candy: Mike & Ike’s
6. Food: Thai
7. Superhero: Ohhhh, great question. I would have to go with Ironman, but that could be just because of Robert Downey, Jr. Is that bad?
8. Bucket List: Travel more. The list grows of places to go and see.
9. Favorite Charity: Wild Animal Sanctuary, Donorschoose.org
10. Weekend Fun: Crafting (cardmaking is my go to craft, but I never get to it as much as I would like to), never-ending updates to our mid-century modern house (a fun, sometimes frustrating ongoing endeavor), and just overall family fun time (with a kindergartener who thinks she is a “big kid” there is never a dull moment!)
Years in Technology Channel
Partner, EVP Channel & Marketing Strategy
For more than 30 years, Cheryl Salazar has been working for the local and global technology community. It’s no secret why people trust her to bring their products and marketing to life. Beyond her impressive depth of experience, Cheryl’s strategic approach and ability to execute have helped the world’s largest companies and channel partners drive leads through perfectly tailored marketing programs. And her super cool South African accent makes it even more fun!
More About Cheryl: Fitness Addict, Busy Mom and African Safari Guide
Before joining The Partner Marketing Group, Cheryl led many important initiatives during her 12-year tenure with Microsoft in South Africa and the United States. She played key roles in developing and supporting numerous software applications including Microsoft Office, Windows for Workgroups, Direct Access, Great Plains and the Microsoft Dynamics ERP suite. She also managed lead generation for Microsoft Public Sector and has served as product manager for technology distributors, ISVs and systems integrators. In addition to her day job Cheryl volunteers for the International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners (IAMCP) in various capacities, recently leading their Microsoft Inspire presence.
As Partner and EVP Channel & Marketing Strategy for The Partner Marketing Group, Cheryl brings clients broad expertise in marketing numerous technologies, as well as channel and business development. She’s not afraid to ask the tough questions and consistently delivers plans and programs that produce results. If you’re looking for an experienced channel consultant to help develop and optimize your go to market strategy, you want her on your team. It’s not often you find a hard-core “get it done” attitude wrapped up in such a sweet and caring person, but that’s Cheryl. She truly puts clients first and does what it takes to ensure success.
Cheryl earned her Bachelor of Education from the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, which explains her love of learning, why she is so awesome at teaching others how to excel, and her superhuman ability to stay patient in the midst of chaos. This busy mom to two daughters is also an accredited Safari Guide (yes, really!) and somehow finds the energy to wake up at insane hours to work out. Just don’t take her chocolate and everything will be fine.
“I’ve never had such an opportunity to learn as I’ve had here. The people I get to work with every day are wonderfully unique. We’re a family who cares – about the business, our clients and each other. I love it.”
10 Fun Facts you didn’t know about Cheryl…
1. She speaks 3 languages – English, Afrikaans and Danish
2. Quote: “My coach said I ran like a girl. I said if he could run a little faster he could too.” Mia Hamm
3. Vacation: Do you need a favorite? It’s vacation! She does love to travel internationally to discover how other people live and work.
4. Drink: Water, coffee and the odd glass of wine
5. Candy: Dark chocolate
6. Food: Life is too short to eat bad food! I love Japanese or Mexican (only really good Mexican though)
7. Addictions: Chocolate, coffee (she has tried, and failed, at giving them up) and working out. She’s an ultrarunner, preferring trails at all times.
8. Bucket List:
- Enjoy EVERY SINGLE DAY and have fun doing it
- Travel – AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
- Hike in the Alps/Walk across the UK
- Drive or bike across North America (US & Canada)
- You can never go on enough safaris …
9. Favorite Charity: Cheryl favors local nonprofits – Hopelink and her local Nordic ski team.
10. Weekend Fun: Running, hiking, biking, skiing, swimming, cooking … too many things to mention!
Partner & ISV Consulting Hours
Times Chased by an Elephant
Communications Manager/Senior Writer
When your marketing demands brilliant messaging, you want Michelle Etherton on your team. She brings clients over two decades of technology and marketing expertise, combined with a background in IT and CRM, to help software and technology companies drive results. Michelle takes the time to learn about each organization’s objectives and audience to deliver highly targeted, creative and effective content.
More About Michelle: Content Master, Creative Visionary and DIY Fanatic
A love for creating things (and lots and lots of coffee) keeps Michelle busy whether she’s working hard on your project or refurbishing an old piece of furniture at home. For her, there’s nothing better than transforming something basic into something beautiful. Now that her daughter is adulting, and free time is actually an option again, Michelle is fulfilling her mid-life crisis by flipping houses with her husband. Until she gets a show on HGTV, you’ll find her working on projects around the house or enjoying a glass of wine with friends.
“It’s a treat to get to work with so many wonderful people in this industry. We become part of our clients’ team, sharing their challenges, their goals and the rewards of a job well done. There’s never a dull moment around here. Technology and marketing are always evolving and that’s what makes it so fun.”
10 Fun Facts you didn’t know about Michelle…
- Nickname: Mickie (not like the mouse or the subject of a hugely popular 80’s song)
- Quote: Too many to list. I’m a sucker for a good motivational quote.
- Vacation: Would love to visit Hawaii and New Zealand
- Drink: COFFEE!, wine and Coke Zero
- Candy: Yes, please.
- Food: French fries. Really any potato in any fashion is good in my world.
- Movie: Sixteen Candles – I just knew I would marry Jake Ryan some day
- Childhood Dream: I wanted to be an English teacher, but probably should have been an accountant. I love planning and budgeting.
- Addictions: Google. I research EVERYTHING.
- Weekend Fun: Sports, good food, KC barbeque, shopping, home renovation, designing anything I can get my hands on.
Tech Content Written
Years in Marketing
When it comes to innovative marketing for technology companies and their channel, few people possess the level of expertise, leadership and passion as Barbara Pfeiffer, Senior Consultant for The Partner Marketing Group. Barbara has spent most of her career developing and driving high-performing marketing programs for Microsoft and a global network of software VARs and ISVs. She was the strategic mind behind many exclusive Microsoft programs such as GAP, Landlord, Butterfly Publisher, Marketing Essentials and Marketing Office Hours.
More About Barbara: Marketing Maverick, Chief Channel Expert and Infinite Do-Gooder
Barbara is one of the most respected technology marketers around. In the decade Barbara worked for Microsoft as their sales manager and marketing manager, she created and managed several comprehensive channel development and partner marketing programs. She also co-founded Nurture Marketing where she continued to help companies like Microsoft and Nokia, and their partners, improve marketing effectiveness, drive demand and fill the pipeline.
With such a diverse set of talents, the advantage she brings TPMG clients is almost unfair. And they love every minute of it as she helps them find creative, progressive ways to stay competitive. Barbara is constantly on the leading edge of marketing – always reading, learning and mentoring others on how to blend new and proven marketing techniques for optimal success. She’s direct (in a good way), an insightful speaker, a big-picture thinker and has a knack for identifying the opportunities clients need to excel.
Technology isn’t the only thing Barbara is passionate about. She is the CEO of FORCE: Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered, the largest national nonprofit for women and families facing hereditary cancer. It’s very close to her heart and gives her a whole different perspective on many things, personally and professionally. When she’s not working, which is rare, you’ll find Barbara hanging out with her hubby and cats, cooking, watching the ducks and swans in her backyard, reading or dreaming up a bunch of helpful marketing blogs she wants to write.
“We work hard – really hard – but we honestly love it. We’re always sending each other new ideas, articles, exciting things we’ve seen or learned and brainstorming how we can apply them to our clients’ businesses.”
10 Fun Facts you didn’t know about Barb…
- Nickname: Barb or Babsie
- Quote: “Buy the ticket, take the ride.” – Hunter Thompson
- Author: Warren Zevon
- Drink: Lemonade
- Candy: Chocolate truffles. Yum.
- Food: Pizza and pasta
- Superhero: Dark Knight
- Bucket List: I don’t even have one! I like to live in the moment pretty much. If I like it, I do it.
- Favorite Charity: I love the work I do with FORCE and also enjoy helping Donor’s Choose where you get to fund projects in classrooms across the U.S. I love to hear from the students when they finish up a project.
- Addictions: My two cats. But only two – I don’t want to be a crazy cat lady. And I don’t go anywhere without my Kindle. Also collecting toys. My prized possession is my 1959 Dr. Seuss Revell Model.
Educational Webinars & Trainings
Lego Models Built
Barb Levisay is no stranger to the Microsoft Dynamics partner community. As a former executive for multiple Microsoft partners, and a recipient of the Microsoft Marketing Excellence award, Barb now delights in sharing her decades of knowledge and expertise with clients of The Partner Marketing Group. Not only does she hold an MBA in Marketing, she has tried-and-true experience in translating how partners, VARs and ISVs apply solutions and services to solve real business problems.
More About Barb: Word Wizard, People Connector, Gardening Goddess
When partners, VARs and ISVs want effective ways to showcase their value, they want Barb on their team. Not only does she hold an MBA in Marketing, she has tried-and-true experience in how partners apply solutions and services to solve business problems. She gets the common challenges businesses face across industries and what they really need help with. Then, through masterful writing and creative design, Barb translates each partner’s value in ways business professionals can actually understand (without an IT-to-English dictionary).
Those who know Barb appreciate her commitment to helping partners succeed, her intense passion for her work, and her never-give-up personality. Not everyone finds writing about technology thrilling, but Barb honestly loves it. She’s been in the Microsoft Dynamics channel for so many years that she’s often contacted to help connect people looking for employment with partners looking for new talent. She’s just helpful like that.
When her brain needs a break from writing, Barb says, “Carpe diem!” and heads to the garden or for a hike in the mountains with her husband. Or, if it’s been a really long day, she might head straight for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. She’s a loving mom and, if she gets her wish one of these days, hopes to be the most amazing grandmother ever.
“Working in the partner channel is so rewarding for me. I admire the partners as entrepreneurs who build their businesses by helping other businesses work better, and I love being able to contribute to that. Every day is an opportunity to learn about all types of people, industries and technologies. There are always new things happening and it’s a pleasure to be part of such an innovative group of people.”
10 Fun Facts you didn’t know about Barb…
- Nickname: Barb (It’s short for Barbara so it qualifies as a nickname, right?)
- Quote: Carpe Diem!
- Vacation: Any place that has mountains
- Drink: Sauvignon Blanc
- Candy: Chocolate
- Food: Mexican
- Addictions: My family, gardening, hiking
- Bucket List
- Write a book
- Visit Iceland and New Zealand
- Drive across the U.S. (again)
- Hike the Alps
- Favorite Charity: At TPMG, we support Kiva to afford other small entrepreneurial companies like ours the chance to get a ‘leg up’ and succeed.
- Weekend Fun: Gardening (I do flowers, my hubby does veggies) and hiking