Fitness Addict, Busy Mom and African Safari Guide
For more than 30 years, Cheryl Salazar has been working for the local and global technology community. It’s no secret why people trust her to bring their products and marketing to life. Beyond her impressive depth of experience, Cheryl’s strategic approach and ability to execute have helped the world’s largest companies and channel partners drive leads through perfectly tailored marketing programs. And her super cool South African accent makes it even more fun!
Before joining The Partner Marketing Group, Cheryl led many important initiatives during her 12-year tenure with Microsoft in South Africa and the United States. She played key roles in developing and supporting numerous software applications including Microsoft Office, Windows for Workgroups, Direct Access, Great Plains and the Microsoft Dynamics ERP suite. She also managed lead generation for Microsoft Public Sector and has served as product manager for technology distributors, ISVs and systems integrators.
As Partner and EVP Channel & Marketing Strategy for The Partner Marketing Group, Cheryl brings clients broad expertise in marketing numerous technologies, as well as channel and business development. She’s not afraid to ask the tough questions and consistently delivers plans and programs that produce results. If you’re looking for an experienced channel consultant to help develop and optimize your go to market strategy, you want her on your team. It’s not often you find a hard-core “get it done” attitude wrapped up in such a sweet and caring person, but that’s Cheryl. She truly puts clients first and does what it takes to ensure success.
Cheryl earned her Bachelor of Education from the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, which explains her love of learning, why she is so awesome at teaching others how to excel, and her superhuman ability to stay patient in the midst of chaos. This busy mom to two daughters is also an accredited Safari Guide (yes, really!) and somehow finds the energy to wake up at insane hours to work out. Just don’t take her chocolate and everything will be fine.
“I’ve never had such an opportunity to learn as I’ve had here. The people I get to work with every day are wonderfully unique. We’re a family who cares – about the business, our clients and each other. I love it.”
10 Fun Facts you didn’t know about Cheryl…
1. She speaks 3 languages – English, Afrikaans and Danish
2. Quote: “My coach said I ran like a girl. I said if he could run a little faster he could too.” Mia Hamm
3. Vacation: Do you need a favorite? It’s vacation! She does love to travel internationally to discover how other people live and work.
4. Drink: Water, coffee and the odd glass of wine
5. Candy: Dark chocolate
6. Food: Life is too short to eat bad food! I love Japanese or Mexican (only really good Mexican though)
7. Addictions: Chocolate, coffee (she has tried, and failed, at giving them up) and working out. She’s an ultrarunner, preferring trails at all times.
8. Bucket List:
- Enjoy EVERY SINGLE DAY and have fun doing it
- Proactively being more social and learning more about others
- Live in France for a year and then drive around Europe with my husband for another 2-3 years in a beat up old car when I’m in my 60s
- Drive or bike across North America (US & Canada)
- Live in London with my kids while they’re still young and see all the sights
9. Favorite Charity: Cheryl favors local nonprofits – Pantry Packs; Clothes for Kids; Hopelink – I like to see them making a difference. Also her local Nordic ski team.
10. Weekend Fun: Helping my daughters with homework, baking while listening to Rosetta Casper’s cooking show on NPR, going for an early run on Sunday morning with friends and hanging out with my family.